Written by Sabrina Virdee
Don't get tired of the same old same old when it comes to your lunch with these delicious and nutritious Ginger Beef Lettuce Wraps.
1/4 cup coconut aminos
1 1/2 tbsp ginger, fresh, grated or minced
1 clove garlic, minced
4 stalks green onion, sliced & divided
12 oz flank steak, thinly sliced
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 head romaine hearts, separated into leaves
- In a small mixing bowl combine the coconut aminos, ginger, garlic, and half of the green onion. Set aside.
- Season the sliced beef on both sides with salt. Heat the coconut oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- In batches, add the beef to the pan and cook for two to three minutes per side until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. To the same pan with the drippings, add the sauce and stir well, scraping any browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Let the sauce bubble for about 30-seconds or until thickened slightly. Add the cooked beef strips back to the pan and stir well to coat in the sauce.
- To serve, divide the beef between lettuce leaves and top with the remaining green onion.