Written by Sandy Co-Catibog (@sandy_co_catibog) & Photo by Maddi Bazzocco on Unsplash
With the summer months ahead of us we tend to look for foods that are in season or foods that are cooling, and an all-time summer favourite, BBQ season.
Summer is such a great way to get in all the necessary nutrients and vitamins in. Some foods that are popular during the summer months are:
- Loaded salad with your choice of protein and complex carbohydrate
- Poke bowls
- Sandwiches (Egg Salad, Cold Cuts, Chicken, Ham, Vegetarian)
- Wraps (Vegetarian, Chicken)
- Baked Beans
- Pita (Chicken, Beef, Pork, Vegetarian)
- Fresh Vietnamese Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce
The list is endless and there are so many options to choose from in terms of food.
Some popular eats from the BBQ could be:
- Burgers (Beef, Chicken, Vegetarian, or Vegan)
- Skewers (Beef, Chicken, Lamb, Pork, Shrimp, Vegetarian)
- Beef Ribs
- Fish (Salmon, Tilapia, Cod)
Again, the list is endless and you can get very creative with some awesome BBQ recipes.
Last but not least are summer treats and fruits. With the sweltering heat amongst us we tend to look for something refreshing and cooling.
Some popular treats and fruits you can have this summer are:
- Ice Cream
- Tropical Fruits
- Frozen Yogurt
- Ice Cream Sandwiches
There are so many options this summer from food, to treat and fruit. You can get tons of summer fruits during the summer months and support your local farmers. Most importantly don’t forget to stay hydrated.