Peanut Butter & Banana Protein Pancake
Written By Marie Annette Clark
You won't want to miss starting the day with this nutritious and delicious breakfast.
1/3 cup organic whole grain large flake oats
1/2 cup free-range egg whites
1/3 cup ripe organic banana (fresh or frozen)
1/3 cup organic blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 tsp all-natural organic peanut butter
1 tsp organic cinnamon
½ tsp unsalted organic butter (optional for cooking)
- Combine egg whites and oats in small mixing bowl.
- Mash the banana and add to the bowl along with the peanut butter and cinnamon.
- Mix well.
- Using a small non-stick frying pan, heat the butter on medium heat until melted.
- Pour the mixture into the frying pan and cook until a pancake forms and can flip easily in one piece.
- Flip once and continue cooking until golden brown.
- Transfer pancake from the frying pan onto a plate.
- Either top with blueberries as is or fry the blueberries in 2 tbsp of water until a syrup consistency is reached. You can then pour the blueberry syrup onto the pancake.