Pistachio Coconut Date Roll
Written by Sabrain Virdee
Please your friends, and own the snack game with this tasty and delicious snack that is sure to be a win every single time.
1/3 cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
1/3 cup almonds, chopped
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp butter
1 1/3 cups pitted dates
1/4 cup water
2 tbsps unsweetened shredded coconut
- Add the pistachios, almonds, and sesame seeds to a pan. Toast them over low heat for about 10 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add the butter and dates to the pan and mix everything together. Add the water and simmer for five to seven minutes or until the dates are soft.
- Stir and use the back of a fork to smash the dates and make a paste. Remove from the heat. Let the mixture get cool enough to handle.
- Transfer the date mixture to plastic wrap and roll it into an approximately two-inch thick log. Refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap the log and cover in shredded coconut.
- Cut into about half-inch thick slices.