1 navel orange, medium
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
8 cups kale leaves, finely chopped
1 small carrot, peeled & finely grated
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Cut away the peel and pith of the orange then cut the orange into segments away from the membranes. Roughly chop the orange segments and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard.
- Add the kale to a mixing bowl.
- Add the dressing to the kale and massage with your hands for one to two minutes until wilted and tender.
- Stir in the carrot and then top with the orange segments and walnuts.
- Season the salad with additional lemon juice, if needed.